- Funding Water quality protection projects for Waste water treatment, nonpoint source pollution control and watershed and Estuary management.
- While this project was Monitored and Reported by the Grantor, EPA; It supported water quality
management planning activities authorized under the Clean Water Act and the
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- It developed limits for the loading of pollutants into the Green
Cay-Tamarind Reef water bodies and supported the
updating of the Virgin Islands Environmental Handbook to include Green
Infrastructure Best Management Practices and promoted economic recovery by improving water quality in the Green Cay-Tamarind Reef
area, which would attract tourism and create jobs.
- The project was funded as
100% EPA In-Kind Contractual Assistance and conducted by EPA
contractors and EPA managed and administrated the funds of this assistance
- EPA reported on the status of this project, including expenditures
and the number of jobs created or retained, in the Agency's ARRA contracts