Citizens can view real time PV power consumption
and Carbon emission reduction at “Track real time PV Power consumption”: http://tinyurl.com/CEKAPV
(Requires MS Silverlight)
- Installed a wind turbine with 825 kWh generating
- Installed a 100 kWh PV system to provide
electricity to the Henry Rohlsen Airport on St. Croix.
- A savings estimate of 1. 88 M kWh in annual energy
consumption and reduced associated energy cost.
- For a unit installed cost of $8/Watt,
approximately 335kW-DC of nameplate capacity can be procured.
- The project provided the generation of ~ 486,000
kWh of clean energy.
- The estimated removal of 349 metric tons of
carbon dioxide equivalence of greenhouse gas emissions annually.
- Leveraged co-operative resources in the
- During February 2012 an on-site meeting
was held with the sub recipient for an update on open items i.e. signage, final
payment request etc., and an on-site monitoring visit was conducted.
- During April 2012 the defective weather
station was replaced.
- The Contractor submitted final
documents for project close out.
- An additional KWH meter was installed to
monitor the production discrepancy between WAPA KWH meter and the inverter KWH
- Final Reports
were produced in August 2012.
- The Project was completed successfully on